Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Working

It has been over 2 years since I last had a paying job. And I have LOVED my time at home. If you know me at all then you should know that I have always wanted a family and a large one. Staying home seemed like a natural choice. Sunday Justin had his second auction and I worked as his cashier. And I love doing this. I love seeing Justin as an auctioneer and I enjoy being a part of the business. I feel like I am contributing. It was a long hard day and I was exhausted but refreshed. It was good to get out of the house for a day.

Monday I subbed at Sean's school for the full day. I was feeling guilty for spending 2 full days away from the kids. In the morning I was regretting agreeing to sub. But I dragged myself to Starbucks and then headed to the school. I have to say my day was surprisingly peaceful. That may be surprising to some but in reminded me all the things I love about Montessori. Sitting on the floor doing a Europe map puzzle with Sean, almost brought tears to my eyes. Watching a five year old doing the forty five layout, and doing sounds at the sound table really made me realize how much I miss teaching. During my lunch break I spent a little time walking around the class and appreciating the order of the Montessori method. Everything has a place right down to the strips of paper used for cutting in the tray built just for this. The soft classical music playing in the background. The oil painting on the wall. Montessori is truely a different world than a traditional preschool.

I have thought about this a lot and talked to Justin about it many times, but yesterday I really decided that someday I would like to open my own Montessori School. Just a small one classroom school. Either in our basement, or in my true dream I would have a small guest house on our property devoted solely to the school. (yeah, I know, I'm dreaming!)

3 comments:

Mommy said...

I would totally send Brady to your school!

Hippie Mama Kelly said...

My kids would go to your school too! I'm so glad that you enjoyed subbing for the day.

Lucy said...

Dream Big Girly!