Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TWD: Cran-Apple Crisp



It is my very first Tuesdays with Dorie post. TWD is a baking club following the cookbook Baking: From My Home To Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Every Tuesday futures a new recipe from the book and each member blogs about their experience. I am IN LOVE with this cookbook. And my first Tuesday did not dissapoint. If everything goes smoothly this recipe is a snap. Things did not however go smoothly. I do not have a food processor for the crumb topping, but my little old pastry blender did the trick. As I was peeling the apples, my peeler broke. And as I was cutting the apples my correr broke.

My all time favorite deserts are crisps, apples, cherry, blueberry...I have never had the apple cranberry combo before and it did not dissapoint. The tart and sweet balance was yummy. I can see my self making this again. The only change I would make is too lower the sugar in the filling. It was a little sweet. Thanks to Em of The Repressed Pastry Chef for choosing this weeks recipie.

No comments: